UCSF Campus and Health
Uses skills of instructional design and multimedia development as an experienced professional to help shape curricular content into coherent instructional modules that employ multimedia and a variety of interactive, web-based tools aimed at encouraging the engagement of students and other learners in knowledge acquisition. Demonstrates high degree of collaboration and diplomacy as well as problem analysis and creative solutions. Solves complex content or delivery related issues in collaboration with technical teams. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel. Normally receives little direction for ongoing course development assignments.
The Training and Quality Assurance Coordinator is responsible for delivering end-user training to new and current call center staff. The focus will be to develop competence in the following areas: existing or new department workflows, the use of clinical and business information systems and other computer software applications for the call centers. They will also assist in the creation and validation of training tools which support the education of call center staff, and in measuring staff competency as well as effectiveness of the training program. They will create and maintain a customer service program focused on the consistent delivery of high touch interactions with patients and referring offices to improve the referring provider and patient experience. They will also create and implement a skills and professional development program to support staff growth in the call centers.
This position will report to the Manager of the Call Center. Responsible for completing monthly quality checks for call center staff and conducting retraining on standard work as needed. Ability to travel to all UCSF Health locations is required.
- Leads the development of educational tools relating to existing and new computer applications, system updates, and other organizational goals and changes
- Develops or modifies curriculum, content and/or materials for training programs to meet the needs of end-users
- Deliver appropriate level of instruction and competence/evaluations required for each user
- Collaborate with other Subject Matter Experts to ensure delivery of effective, accurate training
- Develop in-depth knowledge of workflows and processes, and important system functionality supporting the workflows
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory and flexibility in training techniques which reach audiences of varied backgrounds and learning styles
- Maintains specialty training programs focused on staff development which result in higher patient, referring provider and staff satisfaction
- 5-6 days onsite per month with the remaining days remote
- Provides virtual ‘front-door’ services such as: registration, appointment scheduling and CRM messaging.
- Collaborate patient services support with the Ambulatory Practices supported by the Call Center and supports the
- University in Process Improvements initiatives.
- Adheres to and exemplifies the House and Telephone standards of the Medical Center including AIDET, Service
- Recovery, and PRIDE standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Three years of relevant experience or equivalent experience in a training or instructional capacity
- Thorough knowledge of functional area and understands how work within one course may impact work being done on other courses or in other areas
- Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of organization policies and procedures, including policies that impact online course development
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design principles and learning strategies, including needs analysis, backwards design, learning outcomes and assessment design, and instructional approaches including lecture, discussion, activities, projects, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the technical tools and platforms required to achieve the delivery of engaging and media-rich online learning content, and of trends in the use and effectiveness of educational technology and learning.
- Thorough knowledge and skills with relevant business software systems.
- Thorough knowledge of applying adult learning theories and educational methodologies.
- Thorough knowledge of e-learning strategies including but not limited to courses (e.g., processes and technologies, etc.).
- Knowledge to conduct appropriate job and task analyses in the context of instructional design of technical or specialized training
- Advanced level skills in application of planning, resourcing and monitoring of effective design life cycles of training and other learning and performance solutions to support the organization.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: