Salt Lake City – Metro Branch
735 South State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Shifts will vary depending on branch need and may be as follows:
- Part time; Monday-Friday 8:45am-2:15pm; Rotating Saturdays 8:45am-2:15pm
- Part time; Monday- Friday 10:45am-4:15pm; Rotating Saturdays 8:45am-2:15pm
- Part time; Monday- Friday 1:45am-6:15pm; Rotating Saturdays 8:45am-2:15pm
At Mountain America, we are committed to taking care of all our employees.
Starting competitive pay per hour and can increase depending on experience, plus incentives
- Performance reviews with opportunities to increase compensation
- Excellent medical and dental benefits with minimal employee contribution (full time employees)
- Paid time off, volunteer time off, and paid holidays
- Matching 401K
- Tuition assistance
- Professional development
- And more!
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each job duty successfully.
- Provides exceptional member service to credit union membership by assessing member needs, advising to meet their needs, and assisting in those transactions, which could include opening new accounts, servicing existing accounts, and explaining our products and services that best suit our member’s needs and accomplish the credit union objectives.
- Recognizes member needs, educates on options for managing financial transactions through MACU tools, resources, technology and cross-sells products and services as needs arise through a consultation approach
- Consistent focus on increasing member satisfaction and account retention
- Expected to meet sales and service goals
- Uses lead lists to make outbound efforts to call existing membership to provide additional consultation on MACU products and services
- Resolves problems by clarifying member complaints, determining the cause of the problem, providing the best solution to resolve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Follows up with member interactions with thank you notes and phone calls using the MACU New Member Onboarding approach
- Maintains cash drawer
- Initiates wire transfers, cashiers checks, and cash advances
- Creates VISA cards
- Opens and processes IRA transactions, certificates of deposit, and redeem savings bonds
- Uses judgement to place appropriate check holds and issue fee reversals
- Assist fraud victims by processing fraud disputes
- Accurately and efficiently processes transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Assists in the opening and closing procedures of the branch
- Responsible for Branch Security which includes vault combinations, security codes, and member information.
- Represents the credit union in a professional manner, both in dress and in actions
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Responds to email/voicemail/missed calls/other communication in a timely manner
- Actively participates and completes product knowledge courses
- Travel may be required
- Complies with all regulations as required by law
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
At least six months of customer service experience.
Industry experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, Trainings
- A valid driver’s license is required
To be completed during the first 90 days:
- MSR onboarding through the following:
- Branch Foundations
- Teller Branch Checklist
- Products & Services
- Teller Follow-up Training
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
- Proficient computer operating skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
No supervisory/managerial responsibilities
Other Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of credit union policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to identify lending opportunities and make recommendations.
- Ability to cross-sell financial services of the credit union to create exceptional member service
- Ability to perform financial calculations
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively using written and verbal communication
PHYSICAL ABILITIES / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to talk, hear, sit, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms consistently
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel and crouch occasionally
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
There are no unusually environmental factors
Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, light traffic)