UCSF Campus and Health
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Operations Manager, the Clinical Operations Supervisor will work independently and have primary responsibility for the supervision of administrative/clerical and clinical staff of the orthopedic practices (Sports Medicine, Hand, Foot /Ankle, Spine, Arthroplasty and any other subspecialty activity) at the Orthopaedic Institute. The Clinical Operations Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the operational, human resource and administrative tasks of the Practices. The Clinical Operations Supervisor must have the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and work well with staff, patients and providers. A high degree of independence, initiative, assertiveness, and diplomacy are necessary in dealing with faculty, staff and patients in a complex environment.
Involves the administrative services and operations for health care clinics or centers, in accordance with federal, local, and internal standards, policies, and regulations. Typically includes operations, fiscal management, program planning, and / or external marketing activities. Management levels may include oversight of clinical patient care.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 2-3 years medical office/center or related experience. Exception to qualification is 6 months as practice supervisor or manager currently in one of our orthopaedic practices will be considered.
- Experience with complex scheduling, insurance verification and/or financial counseling in a health care environment.
- Superior organization, interpersonal, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills, both over the telephone and directly. Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals; Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with patients.
- Ability to use good judgment and work independently, at times under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to analyze complex and non-routine issues with creative solutions, operate effectively in a fast paced environment and respond to change with flexibility to meet the demand of multiple deadlines. Strong knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor, evaluate, and document human resources issues and performance, and to participate in decision-making on human resources matters.
- Demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills to effectively supervise staff and to manage the complex workflow and multiple priorities involved with clinic / center administration.
- Medical Terminology Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Supervisory experience in operations and, or, customer service.
- Strong knowledge of practice operations, patient-scheduling systems, medical and insurance terminology, applicable information systems, patient service standards, and regulatory requirement and best practices.
- Demonstrated administrative, office coordination, project management expert.
- Proven advanced level computer skills with MS Office-type software programs (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: