Under the general supervision of the Manager, the Clinic Supervisor will work independently and have primary responsibility for the supervision of mid-level and administrative support staff, including MA, RT, admin 1, PC staff, and Sleep Technologists. The Clinic Supervisor will be responsible for the operational, human resource, administrative and business functions of the Sleep labs, Sleep Disorders and Pulmonary Practices. The Clinic Supervisor must have the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and work well with staff, patients and providers. A high degree of independence, initiative, assertiveness, and diplomacy are necessary in dealing with faculty, staff and patients in a complex environment. The Clinic Supervisor will manage the mid-level and administrative support staff, including RT, Sleep Technologist, MA and PC staff from Adult Sleep lab, Ped Sleep Lab, Sleep Disorders Center, Pulmonary Department MZ, Pulmonary Fellows Program, Pulmonary Rehab, OPTIMAL clinic and Pulmonary Function lab at MZ, as well as support Providers with these departments. The Clinic Supervisor will also act as the analyst to the Manager
Involves the provision of integrated and accessible primary and specialty patient care services in a clinic or center environment. Care is provided by clinicians and assistants who are accountable for addressing a large majority of personal health care needs and developing a sustainable partnership with patients. Ensures optimal patient outcomes through effective leadership and / or provision of patient care delivery in healthcare clinics or centers. Promotes shared decision-making at all levels to ensure a shared voice in practices, exchange of ideas, enhanced communication, and continually improved patient services. Management levels may also be responsible for clinic operations. UCSF Pulmonary Division is ranked among the best hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in the treatment of respiratory problems such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung cancer, lung transplant, Nontuberculous Mycobacteria and Bronchiectasis, mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis and sleep disorders.
Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) program specializes in the comprehensive care of people with all types of ILD. We provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment recommendations, working as a team to review each case thoroughly to optimize disease and symptom management. We communicate directly with patients and their referring doctors to assure continuity of care and appropriate follow-up.
- 3 or more years of recent experience as a Medical Assistant in Ambulatory Or 3 or more years of recent experience as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
- 1 or more years of recent leadership experience
- 1-2 years of experience in Epic/Apex
- Demonstrated skills to effectively supervise patient care support staff. Strong knowledge of practice operations.
- In depth knowledge of patient support care clinical standards and care delivery, systems, external regulations, and internal policies.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills to quickly analyze problems, determine appropriate level of intervention, and apply effective solutions.
- Solid interpersonal skills for effective collaboration and problem solving with all levels of management and staff.
- Skills in written and verbal communications, with the ability to convey clinical and technical information in a clear and concise manner. Able to prepare and present a variety of reports and documentation
- Demonstrates ability to work together as a team and has shown leadership skills
- Working knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor, evaluate, and document human resources issues and performance, and to participate in decision-making on human resources matters.
- Knowledge of business software and specialized applications and data management systems used in clinic / center patient care.
- 1-2 years of experience in Authorization
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Licensure in relevant administrative support discipline
- Certification from an approved Medical Assistant program; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: