Amsted Rail - ASF Keystone
Amsted Rail is a globally integrated manufacturer. Railroads, as well as car builders, owners, and leasing companies rely on us to provide components and innovative systems for freight cars and locomotives, repair and service and location and condition monitoring. From the big picture to the finest details, Amsted Rail is continuously improving the heavy haul landscape.
We are currently seeking Human Resources Manager to define, develop and execute strategic initiatives and activities of Human Resources.
Holds responsibility for all aspects of HR in the Hammond, IN plant including, but not limited to employee/labor relations, VOP, employee development, performance management, compensation, staffing and recruitment, disability and time and attendance.
The individual selected will report to the General Manager of the Hammond, IN plant, but will also have reporting responsibilities and will serve as a strategic partner to the Director of Human Resources.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in ensuring compliance and administration of labor laws and employment laws, OSHA standards and workers compensation.
- Previous, direct responsibility for managing labor relations in a Union environment. This experience must include interpreting and administering a collective bargaining agreement, participation in collective bargaining and grievance resolution and arbitration.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Human Resource activities including employment processes concerning recruitment and orientation, benefits administration, compensation, job analysis, equal employment opportunity practices, labor relations, Human Resource policies and other applicable state and federal regulations.
- Excellent managerial and communication skills.
- Ability to positively lead and influence a culture that demands a business partnership and a good relationship between the management team and the local union.
- Ability to direct and motivate people, work well in a team environment, provide recommendations to enhance operations and facilitate growth for the organization through employee involvement; sound judgment and leadership ability are essential.
- Must be well organized, responsible, self-motivated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- A minimum of five years of experience in Human Resources Management, Labor Relations, and labor and employment law.
- Ability to travel and execute assignments as needed to assist the Director of Human Resources.
- Human Resources and compensation computer software applications.
Prospective candidates will be evaluated on technical/professional knowledge, leadership ability, change agility, people agility, coaching, motivational fit, planning and organizing, gaining commitment, initiative, contributing to team success, people skills and communications.
Through competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud. If you are open to relocation, there are also vast advancement opportunities within the Amsted Corporation.
All interested applicants please apply online at www.amstedrail.com
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: