For a senior manager (i.e. direct report to a direct report to the President, Chancellor or Health System CEO), ensures administrative processes and office operations run smoothly in the executive’s office. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Involves providing administrative oversight for an executive, including the coordination of communications and pertinent data among a group of the executive’s subordinate management staff. Performs and/or oversees special projects or assignments that are highly sensitive or complex in nature, requiring a high level of independence and initiative in execution and implementation. Handles details and oversees work of a highly confidential and critical nature to support the executive on matters of significance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Previous executive assistant experience
- Familiarity with the organization’s processes, protocols and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni / donors, students and external constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
- Solid analytical / problem-solving skills
- Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies.
- Advising and counseling skills.
- Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Solid skills in problem identification.
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: