Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 20+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our Intercept program serves a broad population of youth, including those involved with multiple child-serving systems and those at high risk of removal from their families. The program specializes in diverting youth from out of home placements by helping their families safely maintain youth in their home environment. This position is responsible for providing intensive home-based therapy to families. Our Transitional Living Specialists provide their 18-22 year old clients with the knowledge to utilize all available community resources.These counselors are able to help clients become self sufficient by assisting them in locating and learning how to use community resources such as housing, employment and education.
- Carry small caseload of 4-6 families (Intercept) Handle a caseload of 12-15, 18-22 year old clients (Transitional Living)
- Create individual service plans with each client based on their goals in order to transition into adulthood.
- Hold family sessions with each case up to 3 times a week scheduled at the convenience of the families
- 3 supervision meetings a week
- Web-based documentation (voice recognition technology in most locations)
- Provide on-call availability to families during the week, one weekend each month
- Drive up to 60-80 miles to meet with families in the home
- Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
- Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage
- A Masters degree in a social service discipline (preferred)
- A Bachelors degree in a social service discipline (required)
- Experience in a clinical counseling or case management setting
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Fluent in Spanish and English both in verbal and written expression.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training, as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement, or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 403 (b)
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement (when applicable)
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: